26 January 2009

707 North L Street


That's right folks it's that time of year again when I pack up all my belongings and move down the street (literally this time). It may seem strange but this will be my 6th move in 2 years. This time I'm not changing cities and the address is just moving a few blocks north. Check out the new place.




The kitchen is really the only drawback to the house. It's small and doesn't have enough shelving or a pantry and the stove is small but we are going to make it work. And from the photos you will notice my new roommate or I should say my old roommate returned, Mo.


The house has a lot of character. Weird colors painted throughout. A blue ceiling downstairs and look at how those stairs are painted! Clouds are on the ceiling up the stairway with grass down the sides. It may not match but it's kinda fun.


In my room there's a small balcony. Here's my view of half the backyard. Andy and I have renamed it the Lake Worth Hawkwatch. Wish my yard bird list luck.


I have a cute room with a nice fan and yes, that IS a fireplace. I'm not sure why they put a fireplace in a house in Florida but behind that wall is a bathtub. So I guess you can have a fire while bathing. That should be interesting.


Here's a view of the hosue from the back. That's my door/room upstairs. The official move in is Saturday but I'm packing and moving things all this week. Tomorrow is the scrub down day at the new place. It really needs a little cleaning but I know it will be great when it's all done.

We're having a house warming party on February 28th. Let me know if you'd like to come join the first of many house parties.

4 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

What a sweet little place...love the back garden.
Darn it..i will miss the housewarming...will be in the panhandle.
enjoy your new digs!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome, Eva! Can't wait to see it!

Amy said...

Congrats on the new place. I love the paint job and the back garden looks super cute. We've been house hunting for the last few weeks and it's starting to get frustrating. I'm jealous!

Eva Matthews said...

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm going to miss my little studio apt but the house should be fun.

Amy, I love Birdorable. Glad to see you here.