09 December 2014

Larimer County Driving Tour


Mid-day isn't the best time for birding but it will do when it's your day off, you wanted to sleep in, and you only have a few more days in a wonderful state.  I started with a quick stop at Dixon Reservoir to scan for ducks.  Easily picking up Cackling and Canada Geese and Common Goldeneye.


Next was a pull-off at Horsetooth Reservoir with a few more additions in American Kestrel and Red-tailed Hawk flyovers.


I love Bellevue and drove by for one more look as I headed up Rist Canyon.


The finale of the evening would be a easy drive down Poudre River Canyon.


The sun was out and the frozen river was melting.  It was such a beautiful day and a gift from Colorado before I fly to New York.



The dogs even got a little walk around Picnic Rock which they enjoyed more than you can tell from this funny photo.  Daisy never understands why I have to take photos when all she wants to do is get to some unseen destination.


It was the perfect day to drive about Larimer County.  I picked up two lifers, enjoyed the sunshine, and had some quality time with my pups.  I'm going to miss this place.


No comments: