28 August 2013

Top Ten Lifers of 2011: Black-billed Magpie

As I attempt to resurrect this blog I found some old drafts that somehow were forgotten.  I thought this one was fitting to bring to the light.  Now on a weekly basis I see Black-billed Magpies in Fort Collins.  I also have one painted by ELark in the kitchen.  If only I had them in the yard but so far I have only seen them around the McDonalds about 7 blocks away.  



The number one lifer of 2011 for me was the Black-billed Magpie. I've always wanted to see a magpie and this year afforded me multiple views as I took two trips to Colorado. My first one came in February when I made my first trip to the Rocky Mountain state. On a walk around Wonderland Lake in Boulder there it was perched on a tree. It's a beautiful bird and definitely my favorite of the year. I could watch these birds all day. I hope you've enjoyed my top ten countdown. Check out my picks for 2008, 2009, and 2010 to compare.

No comments: