20 August 2013

Boulder Updates

Hey folks, I have surfaced.  I cannot promise how long it will be due to graduate school classes starting in a few weeks but let's get to some updates.  First of all, I moved as you know to Colorado.  For the first month I lived in Boulder, CO while I commuted to Fort Collins to find a rental. I also started the new job and hit the ground running.  It's not my traditional nature center/science education job but it's working with volunteers and animals and teaching as well so it's not half bad.

Let's get down to the good stuff though, I've seen a few birds lately:




These beauties were seen in and around Boulder.  The hiking trails there are plentiful and the birds are pretty cooperative.  Plus, I still can't get over the grebes out here!  They are stunning.  I guess I just love grebes everywhere I go.  I must admit I do miss seeing baby Pied-billed Grebes at Green Cay.  This is the time of year that they normally surface for viewing eyes to see.  In the earlier summer months the babies are kept hidden but the parents usually bring'em out around August to show off.


I hope to keep the updates a little more steady.  Until then, soak in these Flat Irons and wish me luck on this crazy adventure to move out West.


No comments: