28 January 2013

Beaver swimming


While spending MLK weekend on the family farm, we had an unexpected visitor.  As we were spending time on the front porch I saw something moving across the river upstream.  At first I thought it was a snake but then I noticed it zigged and zagged away from the shoreline and veered down the river.  As it came closer I saw the brown body and grabbed my binoculars.  It was a Beaver and a first sighting for some of the MLK participants.


We watched the Beaver swim down Black River, passing us without even a glance.  Off it went into the patch of Alligator Weed and out of sight.  It was nice addition to a fun weekend. I'll take this unexpected guest any day!


1 comment:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Great pictures of your visitor! I've never seen one in the wild but have seen lots of evidence they've left behind.