28 November 2012

Thanksgiving at Black River


My family has a house on a lovely farm on Black River in South Carolina.  Each Thanksgiving we come together to give thanks, eat fried turkey, play games, and enjoy the fun.  This Thanksgiving lived up to all my dreams.  We had over 20 friends and family attend and plenty of photo time.



We relaxed around the yard, played washers and corn hole, and enjoyed cooking and sharing our time together.



The weather has been so hot in Florida this year, I was so happy to wear a jacket and longsleeves on the farm.  And the food was delicious as always.  My mom always delights us with her good home-cooking.  Oh how I wish I had more of Mom's butterbeans right now!



It was great to come together with my cousins, aunts, uncles, and parents.  They make me miss South Carolina more than I usually admit.  The changing leaves, the dark tannic river, the crisp air, and new frost on the ground all remind me of how much I love my home state.

I also did some birding while on the farm.  I'll have a post up later this week with my bird tally.  

No comments: