24 October 2011

Winning


It's been a busy couple of weeks and I've been neglecting The Flying Mullet more than I like to admit.  At least I do have a good excuse, I've been working hard.  The Green Cay's annual Migration Celebration is coming up this Saturday.  It's an all-day free event for all ages.  We will have free presentations, craft booths for the kids, a touch table, free guided walks, and exhibitors outside.  If you're looking for a fun way to spend a Saturday then you should consider coming out to the nature center. 

Also I've been taking new Leadership classes with the County.  At our annual Recreation Services event last week I won a Division award which now sits on my desk.  All three nature centers won a Department team award this past month as well.  I guess all that hard work is paying off with recognition.  I'm just glad that it's October and I still have a job working for a great organization at a lovely nature center.  For all those that helped with the voting process this year to keep us funded, I thank you.

No comments: