17 August 2010

Dead Corn Snake



Last week we walked out to the parking lot to find a dead Corn Snake. The worst part of this story is that the park has been closed for 2 weeks so the only cars in the lot are either staff or the guys fixing the boardwalk. It was no where near the staff cars so that means our little friend died from the workers. I don't know if it's true but I'm willing to bet they intentionally ran him over. The snake was no where near the middle of the driving lane and it was barely hit. I think this was the same individual that I saved a few months ago, stopping a school bus and a maintenance truck from hitting it. I guess this snake's life could only be saved so many times.



2 comments:

The Florida Blogger said...

Ah, too bad. We need these snakes to keep the circle of life in order.

Eva Matthews said...

Yeah, I really was upset to see this guy on the road...people and wildlife don't always mix.