31 May 2010

Kindergarten Reptile/Amphibian Class


Last week I was lucky to enough to teach the local kindergaten class about reptiles and amphibians. They in turn drew me some lovely pictures and told me what they liked best about the presentation. I thought I would share a few of my favorites.

I don't remember wearing a dress or green shoes but I like that the alligator and I match.
Next time I plan on brushing my hair before going up to teach. The artist did get one thing right, that big smile on my face was definitely realistic.
I love how the snake becomes bigger than me in the photo. For those that are curious I took a 3 foot Corn Snake to the presentation.
According to the artist this is me holding the Eastern Glass Lizard. For many of the kids this was the highlight of the show.
I thought this picture of me holding an baby alligator was perfect. One of the things we talk about that makes baby alligators and adults different is that the young have stripes that they use for camoflauge. It's amazing that six year olds can pick up on this better than adults.

The most accurate picture of the day except for the fact that I wasn't holding a blue snake by the neck...but it's pretty close.

No comments: