30 July 2009

Black-necked Stilt Babies




We are in full swing of summertime babies here at Green Cay. The Common Moorhens all have multiple broods now. The Black-bellied Whistling Ducks have their young flying around. My favorite baby birds at the wetlands has to be a tie between the beautiful Pied-billed Grebes with their racing stripe heads and the long-legged stilt babies.

This summer has proven to be very busy for me. I just got back from a trip to the Keys, photos forthcoming. My family visited for over a week and in another week I am heading west to take a great road trip. I land in Seattle on August 8th and won't return t0 Florida until August 24th. My adventure will take me all the way south to San Francisco with camping and birding all along the way. One day I hope to settle back down into my blogging routine but right now, life is too busy and too action packed.

No comments: