11 March 2009

Dead

Dead turtle photographed at Green Cay by Bill Kominksy.

For my birthday my mother bought me a wonderful little digital camera. Formerly I was using an old camera from the age of the dinosaurs, well not really but you get the idea. So I'm sure you understand my relief and excitement in taking photos with my new equipment. All that came to an abrupt end two weeks ago. During a kayking incident my little camera found it's way to the bottom of a brackish lake. Mud oozed from the insides. Nothing would bring it back to life though I willed it with all my might. Just like the turtle above, it was dead.

With my Bahamas trip coming up in a month and of course my weekly blog entries, I am in dire need of a camera. What's your suggestion? My requirements are that it's digital, it's small enough to fit in my pocket, and it's not too expensive.

1 comment:

BenFromBoca said...

Hi, Amy.

The Canon Powershot series (A40 was a good one, might still be available) or the Nikon Cool Pix 6000 (replacing the 5100) are both excellent choices for stand-alone point-and-wait photography, and will mate with a spotting scope if you later choose to get into digiscoping.