14 February 2015

Valentine For My Valentine

Lark and I hiking in Costa Rica

When I was younger, public displays of affection were the last thing I ever wanted to do.  Perhaps it was because I lived in the rural South where such things could and did cause harm.  I was lucky, the worse thing ever done to me was my car was scratched and ketchup was left on my door handles. My crime was that I held hands for a second outside the confines of my privacy.  

Now many things in the world have changed and though old habits are hard to break, I do have more bravery, less fear, and more to look forward to as the world changes for the better.  So today, I interrupt the normal schedule of natural history and birding tales to send a little valentine to my valentine. 




1 comment:

Max Aguirre said...

Hi nicee reading your post