29 March 2012

Bird A Day: Black-throated Gray


The Bird A Day challenge has been taking me to new birding spots and expanding my County, State, and Life Lists. Yes, I do keep them all though not on any competitive level, just for fun. The latest adventure took me to Greynold's Park in Miami-Dade where I relocated an overwintering Black-throated Gray Warbler. At first I couldn't find my target bird but the park was so interesting that I enjoyed searching around. As I realized that my pursuit could end with a dip I went back to the spot described online and pished around. Finally I heard a chip note and knew my warbler was there, way up in the top of the canopy. I took a few crummy photos and watched the warbler until it disappeared. One more bird on the Bird A Day challenge, one happy birder!

No comments: