02 August 2011

First Impressions Mean Everything






Here's a few intimate looks at my product test pair of the new Swarovski CL Companion 10x30 binoculars.  As you can see they are incredibly small but trust me, they fit well in the hand.  My first impression of them out of the box was they had a nice weight.  I'm always scared that small optics will be too light and thus suffer from hand shake but these were perfect.  The compact size lends itself to easy travel opportunities.  The view was clear but I did notice some darkness around the lenses so I look forward to trying them in the field.  

The greatest impression of the binoculars thus far has to be how well they handled from going outside to inside.  It was 89F today and with 60% humidity so I expected much more fogging of the lenses but they were clear within seconds.  I was birding immediately out the door of the cold A/C of my nature center.  I think that these little Swarovskis and I are becoming quick friends.   

No comments: