07 June 2011

Jekyll Island 2011



Well friends, another great trip to Jekyll Island was taken this past weekend and I must say that place never ceases to amaze me. You would think after living there for 3 years I would have seen it all but it's not possible. We started the first night off by seeing two sets of sea turtle crawl tracks and then we ran up on two guys shark fishing. We watched them catch and release two lemon sharks before we called it a night.


The next day we spent a large portion chilling on the North End, also known as the Boneyard Beach. After bocce and sun we headed to St. Andrews sound for some rope swing fun and a little wading in the intercoastal. It was a nice day and we topped it off with dinner at Bubba Garcia's, the best food on St. Simon's Island. After calamari and shrimp tacos we had some shuffleboard round at Brogen's before calling it a late night.


On Sunday we slept in and then took in the beach at the 4-H Center. It is still my favorite beach on the island. We saw a pod of 20 dolphins swim back and forth as we wiled the day away playing more bocce and just relaxing. It was sad to say goodbye but like an old friend I know I'll see her again. Jekyll, you are so good to me and I miss you more than you know.

No comments: