14 October 2010

Green Cay Interim-Manager

Tricolored Heron by Bill Kominsky at Green Cay.


It's official, I am the new interim-manager for the Green Cay Nature Center. This week is my first on the job and I must say that it's quite overwhelming. I have lots of photos to share with you from my past weekend but that will have to wait. Right now, I'm sticking my neck out there and diving into the new job requirements, settling in, and figuring out how to keep this beautiful facility operating at 100% with half of it's workers. I look forward to seeing you as you drop by the nature center and soon, I will get back in the blogging business. But that will have to wait until next week! Come back then to see fall colors, sunsets, and to hear about my newest lifer that I picked up in North Carolina.

5 comments:

The Florida Blogger said...

So, does interim mean that your only a little bit away from getting the manager position?

Dina said...

Great shot of tri in that pose. It fits your story perfectly.

Dawn Fine said...

Well congrats..hope the interim position becomes permanent if that is what you want..
Happy Birding..
see you this winter!

Eva Matthews said...

I certainly hope the interim turns into the full time but we will have to wait and see. Thanks for all the encouragement!

John Davis said...

Many executives who initially think they need a management consultant ultimately decide to deploy an interim manager. A recent survey of 100 senior directors in UK companies showed that 78% felt that interim managers offer clear advantages over management consultants.