13 March 2009

Skywatch Friday: Jekyll Island Boat Marina, GA






Since college I've lived in four different states, had six different jobs, and despite all my travels I still feel like the only place I can call home, other than my family's farm, is Jekyll Island. When I lived there I didn't spend much time in the historic district where this boat marina is but I went there on occasion. This February sunset took my breath away and made me long to live on the island again. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Remember to check out all the other Skywatch Friday posts. Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Sharon said...

WOW!!! That is a spectacular sight!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos with us and Happy Skywatching!

Dawn Fine said...

Great photos. I am hoping to get to Jekyll in a few weeks. Been there once before and loved it.

Janet said...

Definitely breathtaking!

nature ramblings said...

My favorite kind of shots. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

island timer said...

There's no place like home!
Amazing sunset, indeed.

Anonymous said...

a beautiful scene!

Bryan said...

This photo series is making me want to take a trip down there. I haven't been to Jekyll Island since I was wee little me in second grade. Great pictures!

Jane Hards Photography said...

These are gorgeous and what a grat named place.

Unknown said...

Three exquisitely composed images. My pick is the 3rd one. It sure can make the cover on a travel magazine

Michele said...

These are a spectacular series of photos!!! All so impressive... hard to just pick one! The color and clarity is amazing.
Mountain Retreat Photos