26 July 2007

Nature crafts

This is the final week of my Jr. Naturalist Series here at work. Each week we have dived into topics such as herpetology, entomology, and wetland biology. The final week is sort of a jumble of everything that I couldn't fit into the other programs. I try to make the camp interactive and we usually do some type of craft project. During botany week we talked about pressing leaves and flowers. We made some very nice sea grape stationary that I have used here:



This week we are going to try our hands at gyotaku.

This traditional Japanese art form is fun with fish but you can expand it and try other animals as well.



I am sure that I will have a bunch of very excited kids come Saturday. I hope that most of the paint stays on the paper and not on their clothes.

No comments: